GAS-AA

ГАЗ-ААGAS-AA

GAS-AA is the monument of the motorist 1930-1940th.

On the pedestal is installed the GAS-AA — a lorry with capacity 1 500 kg (on Russian – “polutorka” – meaning one and a half). The GAS-AA was the main lorry during the construction of first five-year plans and during the WWII.

Before the monument was installed on the street "Tersky pereulok", but later was moved on the outskirts of Murmansk and to get to monument now is not easy.

 Location:

69°0′32″N, 33°8′E

69.009027, 33.133404