Main attraction of Varzuga — the Church of the Dormition of the Virgin, constructed by the master Clement without any single nail.
The church was constructed by a golden ratio and looks very graceful, despite the high — 34 m (111 f) in full.
The iconostasis of church, sanctified in 1677, contained 84 icons.
First times the church was repaired — in 1874-1848, after in 1888-1895 and last renovation was done in 2004.
The church nowadays
The church in 1896