Kuzomen’ — the village near the estuary of Varzuga river.
The name means — spruce forest.
First time Kuzomen’ mentioned in the annals at XV century like a fishing hut, where sometimes gathered as many as 28 long boat.
In the 1575 here where 3 fishing huts.
In the XVII this places came under control of two monasteries — Solovki and Novospasskiy.
In 1841 Kuzomen’ became the main settlement of parish. Was working the regular ship line Kuzomen’-Archangel’sk, was constructed the telegraph and the college.
In 1910 in Kuzomen’ lived 780 people, nowadays — 78.