Kolvitsa — the village on the White sea shore. The name on the ancient Russian mean the puddle on the ice.
The village is known from 1563, when Mitrophan Kukin — the citizen of Kolvitsa had had done the present to the Kandalaksha’s monastery.
As wrote in the monastic report, the monks and peasants of Kandalaksha used the village within the year: one year — the monks, one year — the peasants.
To 1910 in the village were lived more than 100 people. Hunting, fishing, picking berries and fishing the river pearls.
Nowadays Kolvitsa, like the centuries ago is the suburban settlements for the citizens of Kandalaksha.
The main attraction of Kolvitsa — the waterfall near the village.