Chavanga is located at the Tersky coast of the White Sea near the estuary of the river Chavanga.
According to archaeological data Chavang was inhabited 4,000 years ago. Near the village were found the ceramic vessel 4 000 years old. Now this vessel is exhibited in the museum of Apatity.
The documentary history of Chavangi begins in the 17th century — the fish from village was delivered at monastery of Solovki, and Chavanga got in the payrolls.
Chavanga never was the big village — in 1915 here were lived 278 people, nowadays —no more than 80.
The attraction of Chavanga — the herd of wild horses brought here in the last century and a waterfall — the one of 12 natural miracle of Murmansk region.